Month in Review: October 2013

How is November already here? I will say that the one thing I'm loving about this fall is how long it seems to be lasting - now that we're in Kentucky, I'm still enjoying the changing of trees. It shows no signs of slowing yet since the big maple in our front yard is still almost completely green! But, the golden leaves on the tree outside my office window remind me that another month has indeed passed, meaning yet another month to review.

I started October by reviewing the month of September; it was a month filled with anniversary celebrations, new life frustrations and everything in between.

I also continued Filofax posting in October, sharing my new Organized Mum inserts, and an entirely new set up in my Filofax. And since my videos seem to be going over well, I included a quick little video in each post:



Fall weather also means fall planting, which meant I shared a $5 Fix on how a quick mum purchase can really liven up a front porch planter:


Chillier temps also mean that I tend to go into crafting overdrive. In October I shared how I turned our front door from ugly brown to radiant red:



I also became completely addicted to yarn wreaths, making a versatile Fall-but-could-be-altered-for-year-round-use version and another decidedly Halloween version. I'm completely in love with both (though I suppose it's time to take down the spooky one).



I ended the month on Halloween with a little note on my love of Halloween and how it was my Dad who inspired me to not only dream up anyone I wanted to be on this one day a year but throughout my life. Thanks Dad :)


How was your October? Full of falling leaves and spooky things? Or are you like me and can't get enough crafting time in? Both?

Labels: