Life Update: July 19, 2014



When did I grow up? When did life get so crazy that I barely have time to do the things I love, like update this blog? When am I going to accept that this is reality and get over it already?

In all honesty, life has been exceedingly busy lately. My promotion at work has me working a minimum of five overtime hours per week. Combine that with nearly constant traveling on the weekends and it may start to make sense that this blog has only been updated with Photo Fridays for the past several weeks. 

But since we are magically home this weekend (and it looks like next weekend too), I’m hoping to make a change. I really love blogging, and nothing makes me happier than writing all of my random little blurbs. So stay tuned - I’m really hoping to get more posts up in the near future. Which means if there is anything in particular you’d like to see, now is the time to let me know!

In the meantime, here is a rapid-fire little update of life as of late:

WORK

Work, as I mentioned, has been crazy. With my promotion came added responsibility, both in my job duties and in managing another person. I’ve been working 10 hour days the past several weeks between trying to maintain my campus and trying to train my new employee. It’s been exhausting, but worth it for every student’s life I help change. 

HOME

What is that? With working so much, there have been quite a few days that I barely even feel like I see our house. Thankfully, Brian has been amazing in caring for the house, and for me while he’s off on summer break. Though now I don’t want school to start back up again - he’s been making me breakfast and dinner almost every day!

The other reason we are missing home so much is because we’ve been traveling almost every weekend this summer. Between weddings we’re shooting and graduations back home, to holiday weekends at the lake house, our poor car has clocked a LOT of miles. Don’t get me wrong, we’ve also had a lot of amazing adventures, but it was quite nice to wake up this morning with no definite plans. Even the constant rain today has been kind of wonderful - if the photo above is any indication, the dreary weather has provided me with the perfect opportunity to catch up on planning, blogging, and crafting.

FITNESS

The other factor in the ever increasing insanity of life is our determination to focus on fitness. Not as a diet or quick summer change, but as a lifestyle. We are working out more, running more, and eating better. Heck, Brian is even eating spinach and kale these days! Being heathy is by no means easy, and is incredibly time consuming between finding time to work out and spending more effort on healthy, whole food meals, but seeing muscle replace fat and simply feeling better makes it all worth it. 

GARDEN & CRAFTS

The garden is doing pretty well, though our tomatoes seem to be affected by a bit of blossom end rot this year. Hopefully the next batch are better. And thankfully we have been fortunate enough to have crazy growing kale, basil, and carrots. Our pepper plants are huge and green - hopefully we have peppers appearing any day now. 

I haven’t been crafting nearly as much lately - just a few quilled cards here and there. Brian and I did just finish an incredible barn wood breakfast table from wood we salvaged, but I’ll save those details for another post. I’m hopeful that a few weekends at home lead to more time crafting and creating!


I think that just about covers it for now! I do really want to get back into posting more, so please feel free to comment on anything you’d like to hear more about. I’m definitely hoping to cover our table project, a few recipes, and some quilling projects here soon, but you all know I’m up for posting about anything—just let me know!

Labels: , , ,