I feel so loved! The wonderful Loretta over at The University Project has nominated me for a Liebster Award! I think this is a fantastic way for smaller blogs to receive some recognition - I’m honored to participate. First of, the rules:
1. Answer the 11 questions asked by the person that nominated you.
2. Pick an additional 11 people to nominate with under 200 followers.
3. Create a list of 11 new questions to ask your nominees.
4. Inform your nominees of the award!
Pretty simple, right?! First off, I’m kinda cheating on the 200 followers rule - I’m nominating a few who I know have more than that. But I’d say they are still classified as smaller blogs, so I think they deserve the recognition!
First off, here are the questions from Loretta with my answers:
1.What do you love the most about blogging?
I love connecting with people, really. Nothing makes me happier than when a reader can identify with something I’ve written, whether it be serious, silly, or anything in between! I’ve made so many friends through this goofy little corner of the Internet - not to mention writing is one of my favorite things to do!
2. If you only had one meal left on Earth what would it be?
Oh man, this is tough! Can I pick a type of food? If so, I’d say anything Mexican - I love it all! But if I have to only choose one meal, I’d have to say a surf and turf with filet mignon and scallops with chocolate chip cookies for dessert!
3. What is your day job (I’m nosey)?
I’m an admissions representative for a small college. It’s incredibly rewarding helping students get back into school! I also run a small wedding photography company with my husband - we’re just starting out so there’s lots of planning involved!
4. Have you ever been in love?
I continue to fall in love with my hubby every day (cue the awes)
5. How do you stay organised?
With my Filofax Malden, aka the external brain. Between that and reminders on my iPhone, I tend to not forget too much. I’ve also got a calendar synced with my husband’s, which makes coordinating our schedules a lot easier. But it really all goes back to the Filo!
6. What is your vice when it comes to shopping?
Ooooh, that’s pretty easy. Office supplies. I’m an addict - pens, sticky notes, you name it. If it’s on a good sale, chances are I’m taking it home. It’s actually gotten to the point where I sneak things in so the hubby doesn’t see :)
7. If you could have any job at all, what would it be?
My long term goal would be to co-own our photo studio and blog full time. We’re a long way off from that point, but we’re working towards it every day. I also still dream of going back into journalism full time, covering social issues.
8. Do you think you make a good first impression?
I think so, or at least I’ve been told I do. I’ve spent most of my life in customer service type careers, so it kind of comes with the territory. I’m also naturally very outgoing, so I don’t have any problems striking up conversations with anyone, whether it’s a potential employer or the cashier at the grocery store!
9. You have a free weekend... what do you do with it?
Probably pretty much what I did this weekend: spent time with family and friends, did some cooking, played in the dirt, organized my life, and took some photos. Add in a workout or two and plenty of time outdoors and life is good!
10. Do you have any pets?
I do, one stinky little dog named Frankie. He pops up here and there all over the blog!
11. Who is the last person you spoke to?
My hubby. But unfortunately by phone - he’s at a conference in New York. He gets back home tomorrow - I can't wait!
Here are my nominees:
- Well Planned Life
- Zeitgeist of Zoe
- Miscellany from a Filofax Fanatic
- Lime Tree Fruits
- Will Run for Fabric
- Dispatches from the Frat House
- This Bug’s Life
- Joshua Buffum LaPorte
- Kent From Oz
- My Life All in One Place
- LJ’s Blog of Stuff
And here are their questions:
- Pick your poison: beer, wine, liquor (or none of the above)?
- What is your proudest moment?
- If you could pick a spirit/totem animal, what would it be?
- What is your one tip for staying organized?
- Pick your theme song?
- If you could build your dream house tomorrow, would it be in the mountains or by the ocean?
- What is one food you absolutely detest?
- You are handed one million dollars cash. What is the FIRST thing you do with the money?
- If you could instantly know any language without having to learn it, what would it be?
- What does your perfect day look like?
- You enter a team triathlon. Which activity do you sign up for?
Thanks again, Loretta, for nominating me!
Labels: Filofax, Malden