A Filo Hack

It’s been a while since I’ve written a Filofax post. Actually, it’s been a while since I’ve written a post at all, but I’ll blame that on a fantastic visit from my in-laws!

Regardless, I’ve just got a quick post today - I couldn’t resist sharing my newest Filo hack. I’m sure I’m not the first to do this, but I thought it was pretty unique and effective way to handle shopping lists. 

In the past, I’ve always just jotted all the random little things we need to pick up from the store in my capture section, usually on a sticky note. But then it becomes a jumble - things we need from the hardware store and craft store all end up on the same list. Then, if I only make it to one of the stores, I have to make sure to copy everything I didn’t manage to get onto another sticky. Enter my new sticky note errand system:



Instead of putting everything I need on one note, I’ve just created categories and stuck small stickies under each one. That way, if I only have time to run to the craft store, I can simply only look at that list. Or, if Brian has time to run to the hardware store, I can just pop off that sticky and send it along with him. And once a sticky is full, I can just put a new one in its place. 

Pretty brilliant, right? For now, I’ve only got five categories - I’ll have to see what else I come up with. I’m keeping this page under “S” in my A-Z “filing cabinet” so I always know where it is. 

What Filo-hacks have you adopted lately?

Labels: , , ,