Snow Day

I thought my days of getting a snow day ended when I graduated high school, but today proved me wrong! I spent yesterday gearing up for a grueling day today, as I was supposed to work my new job from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. and then the restaurant from 4:30 p.m. until whenever the last guest left. 

Instead, I woke up to an email from my new boss telling me that the campus wasn’t going to open until Noon due to the snow. Excited, I ran to the window to see this:



Yep, that’s maybe two inches of snow on the ground. Maybe. If that. Now I know that I’m a bit of a different case since Chicago is known for some of the harshest winters in the country (I can’t for the life of me find my photos, but just Google “Chicago Snowpocalypse” to see what I mean) but still. Two inches of snow? 

A while later I received another email from my new boss stating that campus was closed for the entire day due to the poor road conditions. About an hour later, I got a text from my boss at the restaurant telling us that the restaurant was also closed. The municipal Facebook page states that “due to extreme inclement weather” offices will be closed and that drivers should use “extreme caution” if they must get on the roads. Geesh. 

So here I am, enjoying a grown up snow day (though I was pretty excited to go to my second day of my new job)! On a positive note, I plan to spend most of the day blogging, so you’ll all get quite a few more posts than I had originally planned with my crazy schedule this week. 


Anyone else out there snowed in?

Labels: ,