From the Planner Archives: Franklin Covey 365 {2008}

I’m back today with my second post in the planner archives series - this edition is my first real trials of a ring bound system. My first post shared my tiny bound Exacompta book, and I honestly have no idea what I used between 2005 and 2008. I do remember dabbling a bit in electronic planners, but I’m sure there were some other paper versions in there that simply got lost.

Regardless, I jumped onto the ring bound planner bandwagon in 2008. It was my last year of community college before transferring to a four year school and between classes, running the school newspaper, working part time, and completing an internship, I really did need most of the space!


I have no idea where I purchased this binder, but it is a 365 by Franklin Covey. It isn’t leather, but is surprisingly hard wearing and soft to the touch.



Inside on the left is five card slots and a clear ID window. The clasp does stay open on it’s own once the binder has been sitting open a few minutes. 



The back of the binder has a simple notepad slot and a fully elasticated pen loop.



After a few reference calendar sheets, we enter the meat of the planner: the weekly/monthly pages. Each tabbed month featured lined boxes with a Sunday start. I now know that I prefer Monday start calendars, but this worked just fine to write in deadlines and events. 



The daily sheets I believe are the same as the current Franklin Covey Original setup with an ABC prioritized task list, daily expenses, and appointment schedule running from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. The time slot set up was perfect for noting class times, minutes spent on articles and layout, and my work schedule. 

I kept the entire year of daily pages in the binder with pretty much nothing else other than a few sticky notes. My how times have changed!

If you’re a ring bound planner user, do you remember your first model? How much has your system changed since day one?


Labels: , ,