Life Update: Nov. 26, 2013

It appears that time has gotten away from me again - other than my Photo Friday posts I've been completely neglecting the blog! I do have quite a few post ideas (just need to get them out of my head and into Blogger) but in the meantime I figured I'd share a few little "life updates" with you all. I promise, I haven't just been sitting around twiddling my thumbs!

Life

Our life has been just as crazy as it always seems to be. Between Brian having a relatively impromptu trip to Dallas for a photo shoot this month to my unpredictable waitressing schedule, it seems as if we are always on the move. Which means a lot of meals-on-the-go and outfits-in-the-car. Although (and I was going to keep this quiet because I'm soooo nervous) I did have a great job interview last week, so hopefully life may be returning a little bit back to normal soon. I say that I'm nervous because although the interview went really well, they did have a smidge of concern about my lack of direct sales experience. Not to mention they have a few other candidates, one of which is holding the position in the interim. I really think it's a 50-50 shot at this point (they said none of the candidates are flawless) but I'm still super nervous. This job would come with great benefits, including educational credits, so we shall see. I should hear back in early December.

Other than that, it's just the usual insanity around here. Colder weather means that I'm crocheting like crazy; for some reason winter ignites some sort of crochet fire in me. I finally completed a few projects just for myself, but now I'm back on gifts for others. I find those the most fun anyway!



Filofax

Everything has remained pretty much the same in the Malden. I'm still using the Organized Mum inserts, which I am loving so far.


The only real change as of late is that I've added a 2014 Year Planner that I printed from Philofaxy. I added it since we just booked a work trip/vacation for next fall so I wanted to make sure I could start blocking off dates! I'm itching to get my 2014 set up completed (not that I expect much change) so hopefully I'll be able to dive in after the Thanksgiving holiday.

I'd also love any requests you have for videos - I've already received one that I'll be filming on what specifically I keep in the A-Z filing system. If you have a request, please feel free to comment below or email me at thecrazylifeofj{at}gmail{dot}com!

Home

We are still working on settling into our little postage stamp house. I can't believe that after four months there are still items on the task list, but such is life. It's also a bit frustrating to remind ourselves that there is only so much we can do - this is a rental after all. Though that doesn't stop us from having those "if this were our house..." conversations. We can't wait to be homeowners, but in the meantime we're working toward making our little rental as "us" as possible. So while we've still got a lot of little things to get done, we're making some progress. Brian built me a custom shelf in the kitchen for my cookbooks (which we'll probably just leave in the house when we move out since it was designed for this space) and we finally finished building and painting our custom bed (which will DEFINITELY be coming with us)!

Photo by Brian Powers
I'm absolutely in love with how it turned out. We have a lot less closet space in this house than our last rental, so the four drawers on each side are a welcome bit of added storage. We also have a headboard for the first time in our lives - the barn wood came from the same pieces Brian used to make my butcher block last year. It's hard to tell from this photo, but the shelves next to the alarm clock lift up for even more storage (mainly extra books, reading glasses, etc). Once we add a few lights I think we'll call this one done!

That's about it for now! Nothing too exciting, but I'm thankful for the general insanity that makes up our days. It makes the few downtime moments even more special. Though hopefully I'll be better on keeping up with posting in the coming weeks - I have a lot more to share with you!

Labels: , , ,