Philofaxy All Stars Tour 2013 - A Wedding Music Guest Post from Kanalt

It's no secret that I loved every detail of planning my wedding. If you've read any of my posts on the subject, you know I can ramble on about any detail. Almost as fun is hearing how others planned the details of their big day. Kanalt over at Well Planned Life and I have been discussing swapping posts on our wedding music for quite a while now - I'm super grateful that the 2013 Philofaxy All Stars Tour finally made it happen! You can read my post HERE.

Here's Kanalt:


Thanks to J for allowing me to guest post on her blog. Since she and her husband just celebrated their first anniversary, and since my husband and I will soon be celebrating our seventh anniversary, we thought we’d exchange wedding music selection posts. (You can read J’s post over at my blog.)

First, music is very important to me. It allows me to feel whatever I need to feel when I need to feel it. It can enhance a great time, as well as comfort when you’re feeling low. For these reasons, I felt that my wedding music selection was very important and something not to be taken lightly. Like J, I did not want “Here Comes the Bride” or “The Chicken Dance” at my wedding.  We were very particular about what songs should be played at what times during both the ceremony and reception.  My selections weren’t as original as J’s, but they fit the personalities of my husband and I very well—traditional in some sense, yet not necessarily predictable.

Here is my breakdown:

Ceremony:
I don’t particularly care for the sound of the organ, so I hired the son of a coworker of mine to play the piano for each of the following pieces.  No other instruments were involved.


Reception:
Our choices for major events at the reception were based on what we liked, what we thought would convey our relationship, and songs that were just plain fun.


Other songs that had to be played throughout the night just because we love them:


And there you go, a little look into our wedding day!






Thanks, Kanalt! Readers, what was your most memorable song on your wedding day?

Labels: ,