Recipe of the Week: Cheddar Biscuits

Alright, no one can blame me for the extra calories in this week's recipe. I also won't take the blame if your friends and family request these at every get together. Don't say I didn't warn you!

These little bites of Heaven are my take on the famous Cheddar Bay Biscuits from Red Lobster. You know, the warm little cheesy-garlicy-salty (and probably calorie loaded) biscuits that you can't resist digging into? Yeah, they taste that good. And probably have the same amount of calories. Oops.

I just made these for Easter (at the request of my Mother in Law, since I had also made them at Thanksgiving and Christmas). I almost didn't get one this time around- they went super fast!

Here's what you'll need:

To brush over the top you'll need:

Here's what you'll need to do:

1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. In a large bowl, use a fork or pastry cutter to mix the Bisquick and butter until all butter is in pea-sized chunks.

2. Add your garlic powder, cheese, and milk, stirring until just combined- be careful to not over mix! Drop by 1/4 cupfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet. (this time around, I made the biscuits smaller since they were being served with a ton of other food. Just experiment with adjusting the cooking times if you make them bigger or smaller than the recipe calls for.


3. Bake for 15-17 minutes, or until the tops of the biscuits are golden brown. While the biscuits are in the oven, melt the 2 tablespoons of butter and combine with the garlic powder, parsley, and salt. After the biscuits come out of the oven, immediately brush with the butter mixture, making sure to use it all!


Then, enjoy! And make sure you grab one before your greedy family eats them all! Just kidding, of course. I love my family, but they were definitely circling like vultures as soon as they saw me pulling them out of the oven!


What about you? Do you have any favorite restaurant inspired recipes? Do tell!

Labels: , ,