Catch up

Oops. Once again, I've let over a week go by since posting. In my defense, it has been quite a busy week!

My work had its third annual benefit fundraiser this past Sunday, so I spent all of the week between Easter and now planning, prepping, and putting every detail in place. I swear, now that I've planned this even three years in a row, the wedding should be a piece of cake. But with all that planning, I didn't have very much time for blogging. The event was a huge success, but I'm eager to get back into my regular routine.

Fortunately, that should be starting now. While work and life are still very busy, I should have time for some more regular posting. Except for maybe this coming weekend. This Saturday is our first 5k race, so I'll try and update you on how that went soon afterwards. But after the race is over, we are packing our bags, dropping off the dog, hopping in our Subie and heading to the lake for the rest of the weekend. I have a floating holiday from Good Friday so I was able to take Monday off and Brian got it off too, so we decided to head out right after the race so we can chill from Saturday evening - Monday afternoon. Now we just have to draw straws and see who gets stuck driving our manual car right after our first "official" run. Not fun.

In other news, wedding planning is moving along. I'm expecting a call from the hotel to make our reservations for a block of rooms for our guests and I should be getting an updated estimate from one of the catering companies any minute. Unfortunately, I have a feeling they are still going to be too pricey, but we wanted to get another estimate with some money-saving changes just to see. We're still caught in the balancing act of having everything we want, but still having to pay for it all ourselves.

We've also made some progress with the honeymoon. We haven't booked anything yet, but I did spend some time researching budget friendly hotels in Costa Rica and found a few great looking options. We've also been consulting a great travel guide book my friend and bridesmaid Whitney lent me to see which part of the country we would like to stay in. This is definitely one of the "must discuss" items while at the lake this weekend!

Even though we don't know where we are going yet, I at least now know I'm able to travel since this baby came in the mail the other day:


Yep, I'm 25 years old and I have never had a passport! Sad, I know. It has literally been on my to-do list for YEARS, but I just never got around to it and never felt any real pressure to make it happen. It took the threat of possibly not being able to go on my own honeymoon to get me to sit at the post office for well over an hour and shell out the absurd amount of money it costs to get the darn thing. Not to mention I'll have to have it replaced as soon as I'm married and my name changes. At least they let me do that for free within a year.

So, did you like that insanely long post on races, the lake house, pig roasts, honeymoons and passports? See what happens when I don't get to update you all regularly? It's like I turn into a two year old who isn't sure how long I'll have your attention, so I need to say as much as I can in as little time as possible. But, like I said, I should be able to post more regularly now so hopefully my crazy, multiple topic posts will become a bit more streamlined and focused. I hope.

What has been happening in your crazy corner of the world? Any wedding planning, racing, or holiday weekends coming up? As always, share in the comments.

Psssst- I've started yet another craft project, which I won't share now because it deserves its own post. But be on the lookout for updates in my crafting world and a giveaway!

Labels: , , , ,