Okay, before I get you all excited about this AWESOME recipe, I need to be honest. This recipe involves a small investment. But I promise, these cookies are SO good, you'll hardly mind.
The reason these cookies are so amazing is the pans they are cooked in- they aren't made on a regular baking sheet. Let me introduce the muffin top pan:
I have to admit, I've had these pans for years and have never used them to make muffin tops! But they do make some fantastic chocolate chip cookies!
If you're willing to splurge on these amazing pans, here's what you need:
And, here's what you need to do (so you know, this recipe also makes yummy regular cookies as well if you aren't ready for the investment):
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1 package chocolate chips
1. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl.
2. Beat the butter, sugars, and vanilla in a large bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
3. Gradually beat in the flour mixture.
5. Stir in the chocolate chips, then use your hands to fill each muffin top- you want them filled all the way up, but flat, not mounded.
6. Bake for 11 minutes, or until barely browned.
7. Remove from oven, and let cool for AT LEAST five minutes before transferring to a cooling rack...
This recipe will yield about 11 giant, chewy chocolate chip cookies!
Labels: From the Recipe Box, ROTW