The good and the bad

Anthony e-mailed us yesterday with some good news and some bad news.

The good? It looks like our bank is sending the appraiser/inspector back out to look at the water leak, roof and crawlspace. Hopefully we will get a few more items on the conditions of closing list so the selling bank will fix them. Obviously this isn't a guarantee, but the more we have on the list the better. The selling bank seems OK with fixing any problems that would prevent us from getting the loan.

The bad? The selling bank wants to push back the closing date again. This time it isn't too bad-- just until December 8. At least it isn't a whole month... so far.

As frustrated as we are, I don't think that we are going to run away from the deal quite yet. Even though the closing keeps getting pushed back, we want to wait and see just how much the selling bank is willing to repair. This house could be amazing, we just need to make sure it doesn't turn into a money pit.